Thursday, May 15, 2008

Well-done please.

Just a quick little update on the little guy in my belly. Niblet is quite the active fellow but I love feeling him kick and move and squirm about. He especially likes it when I have a good meal or a nice sugary drink. In fact, yesterday, I indulged in a burger (must get iron from beef...) and he was very energetic into the wee hours of the night.

Braxton Hicks contractions are coming on full force these days. They aren't painful but they literally make my stomach hard as a rock for about 60 seconds, then they subside. Also, I am quite breathless when I go up a flight of stairs.. In my head I'm thinking, "Man, I'm outta shape!" But then I realize that my lung capacity is but a mere 50% of what is used to be..

So all is good. Niblet is done all his development and now he is just gaining some fat. If he were to be born today, he would be A-OK. But for now, I'll just let him cook for about 5 more weeks. Well-done please.

No comments: