Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Get on the Train.

Hooray!  My body can sufficiently handle 5 hours of sleep and the Niblet is actually sleeping better these days so I can actually get some decent training in.  I  know this sounds a bit obsessive, but I LOVE training.  I look forward to sweating my brains out in the company of others.  The feeling of sore muscles gives me a sense of satisfaction in knowing that my body is repairing itself to get stronger.  I love pushing myself physically and mentally.  The training is always in preparation for some kind of race, but to honest, I don't love racing.  In fact, I don't even know if I 'like' racing.  With every upcoming race, I get nervous.  On race day, I get quiet and internalize all my thoughts.  I overanalyze and expect too much.  I can even become bitchy and distant as I go into race-mode.  BUT if I didn't sign up for races, then my training would have no end goal.  It would have no structure and basically flop.  So, I RACE.  I know most people train to race, but I think I race to train.  Does that make sense?

In any case, Boston is in 4 weeks.. and I'm actually looking forward to it.  Let me rephrase.. I'm looking forward to the city, the expo, the energy, the amazing people, but NOT the actual running part.  Oh well.  I'll survive.  My 2 favourite people are accompanying me on my journey so how can I not have a good time?

No comments: