Thursday, September 28, 2006

Just Tri It

Before my last blog was lost into the depths of the Internet black hole, I wrote about my running addiction. Most people never believe me when I say that there is absolutely nothing (natural or unnatural) that compares to that high that I sometimes get during a tempo run. It's hard to describe but I feel strong, alive, free, and incredibly happy to be me. I know that you also probably don't believe me but, on those elusive occasions, I actually get a bit emotional because I reflect on how blessed I am. It's wierd, I know..

This summer, I started training for triathlons. This multisport definitely attracts me for the simple reason that it involves 3 different sports requiring strength, endurance, agility, and intelligence. I figured that this sport would take a while to work on because there is always room for improving in 3 different areas. Let's just say that this sport is a work in progress and I hope to let you know how the training is going later on..

Well, I am definitely not addicted yet but I knew I was on a to a new passion when something clicked during my last race. I was in the run portion of a sprint triathlon and was rounding the last kilometre. I got that elusive feeling again and I actually looked up into the sky, smiled wildly and thought to myself, "I feel SO ALIVE!!!" as I sprinted to the finish.

No comments: