Sunday, February 08, 2009

Recovery

That's the main thing that I truly didn't realize the importance of when I embarked upon this IM journey.  Working out is ALL about recovery.  You stress the body, it needs to recover.  Well, gone are the days when I can simply come home from my long run and take a 2 hour power nap.  My last post, I wrote that I was too tired to train.  Yup, that pretty much sums up my life right about now.  I am tired about 90% of the time.  I am lucky if I get 6 hours of sleep a night.  Although, my body is slowly starting to get used to 6 hours (instead of 8+) as the norm.  

Becoming a mom is the most difficult thing I've ever done in my life.  It is also the most rewarding - and you can witness it if you visit my Niblet blog.  Yet to be a happy mom, I need to exercise.  I guess you can call it my vice.  So, I exercise, time permitting.  I just wish I had more time to recover..  Sigh..      

1 comment:

fs said...

you used to normally get 8+ hours ? that's very good ! 6 hours a night is workable but a bit draining for me also. but i'm glad you are finding things rewarding !