Sunday, November 05, 2006

Ode to Murphy's Law

I've been struggling with an issue that has taken control of most of my thoughts for the past 6 months. Most of my close friends know what this issue is and they have been very supportive.. Thank you.

The way I live my life, I'm usually very goal-oriented and I like structure and balance. Well, I've been playing with fate for the past while and, unfortunately, it has me in the palm of it's hands... I'm not a control freak, but I like to know what the future brings and I like to plan for it as well.

I was allowing this issue to take over my decisions about my work, my workout schedule, my vacation time, as well as my social plans.

Well, I have finally decided NOT to let this issue take contol of all my actions. I would rather live my life for the present and be happy. Murphy's Law states that when you don't prepare for something, it will inevitably happen. So be it.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Life is full of sweet surprises... over time as well as every single day.

(Like Chapstick in your RACEKIT!)

Anonymous said...

Great decision.
I made the same one over 12 months ago and although I have to occasionally remind myself, it works well for me. Life is much more fulfilling now